If you live in an older home, you might have spent a lot of time and money on making it look more modern, but sometimes things that aren’t seen might be in much worse condition. Your electrical system runs throughout the walls in your home, and it might not be easy to ascertain its state.

If you have old wiring, it could possibly be a fire risk. It could also be that you are putting your expensive appliances at risk by the way your home is wired.

If an outlet isn’t grounded properly, this could pose a danger when you plug in a device and it malfunctions or gets wet.

If you have aluminum wiring in your home, this could also be a problem, since aluminum degrades quicker than other wiring materials, thus posing a fire hazard. You can identify aluminum wiring since it will usually be stamped with the word aluminium or an abbreviation such as CO/ALR.

error: Content is protected !!